Finding the right greetings card

Monday, September 5, 2011

Birthday cards have changed so much.

Birthday cards, when I was small, always seemed to be printed on brownish card, quite thick and had loads of frilly edges and flowers. I don't remember many birthday cards for men, but I'm willing to bet that they featured lots of men hunting or fishing and were made from the same thick, brown card. These days there is much more choice and thank goodness for that. My old Aunt just loves a birthday card with flowers, a sentimental verse and a pretty envelope. My best friend though, is big into humor. Any kind as long as it makes her laugh out loud and is not aimed directly at her! Kids these days, love gadgets, cars, robots, Toy Story type characters, monsters and dinosaurs, and any birthday greeting card that features any one of these things will be a sure fire hit.
Men? Well, they are on a different planet greeting card wise aren't they. My other half wouldn't know what to choose for a family member, hence, like me I'm sure it's mainly the women that buy the birthday cards. Me? Well, I like almost anything that is original, perhaps a nice watercolor or cartoon card, and humor as long as it's not too dirty. If it's your birthday this week, hope it's a good one and enjoy your birthday cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment